Nikon has just released a new version 2.4.0 of Capture NX2. Here’s the link to download the software update: Nikon Capture 2.4.0
Modifications that apply to both the Windows and Macintosh versions
– Support for RAW images captured with the Nikon 1 J3 and Nikon 1 S1 has been added.
The following modifications have been made to White Balance in the Camera Settings portion of the Develop section in the Edit List palette.
– Underwater can now be selected from New WB. However, Underwater can only be selected for RAW images captured with a camera that supports Underwater white balance.
– Resulting colors have been corrected when Flash was selected from New WB for RAW images captured with the Nikon 1 V2.
An issue that, in some rare cases, prevented display of some JPEG images has been resolved.
Additional modifications to the Windows version
– Compatibility with 64- and 32-bit Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, and Windows 8 Enterprise has been added. Proper operation has been confirmed with use in desktop mode. Touch screen operations are not supported.
Additional modifications to the Macintosh version
– Support for high-resolution display on Macintosh computers with a built-in Retina display has been added. However, this applies only to image display in the image window.
Read our book: Nikon Capture NX 2 After the Shoot.