New camera company light announced today their L16 point and shoot camera. Their claim is that users will experience DSLR quality in a camera the size of a mobile phone. They plan to accomplish this with an array of 16 different cameras built into the main body. At any given time, 10 of the 16 cameras will be taking the photos, then their algorithm pieces together a final image to form an image file up to 52 megapixels.
Here are some of the interesting specs from the camera:
– 35-150mm equivalent optical zoom
– 52 megapixels
– Ability to shoot RAW (DNG), JPG, or TIFF
– Operates on Android, so you’ll be able to use any Android app.
– Ability to adjust focus and depth of field after taking the shot
– Wi-fi download of images
– 4K video
– Excellent low-light performance
– Wide dynamic range
This is sure to be a game changer.
If you want to order your own, please use this special “friends and family code” from my friend Michael Rubin who works at Light.co.
Friends and family link: Light L16 pre-orders
Friends and family discount code: FFMR96.