For those of you who are Nikon Capture NX users, Nikon has just released new version 2.2.6. Here’s the link for both Mac and Windows.
Modifications that apply to both the Windows and Macintosh versions
- Support for RAW images captured with the D7000 has been added.
- Support for Nikon Message Center 2 has been added.
- On systems to which ViewNX 2 has been installed, Nikon Transfer 2 is now launched when the Launch Nikon Transfer button is clicked or Launch Nikon Transfer… is selected from the File menu.
- When Photo Effects… was selected from the Filter menu, and the Auto button in the Photo Effects palette was clicked multiple times, the Brightness value sometimes decreased. This issue has been resolved.
- When a RAW image captured with the D3100 using a Nikon Speedlight was saved in NEF format after adjustments under the Develop section of the Edit List had been applied, and the new NEF image was later opened, the adjustments applied were reflected in the image, but the adjustments and their values were not properly applied under the Develop section of the Edit List. This issue has been resolved.
However, even when such images saved with Capture NX 2 Ver. 2.2.5 are opened in Capture NX 2 Ver. 2.2.6, adjustments will not be properly applied. Adjustments must be reapplied using Capture NX 2 Ver. 2.2.6.
Additional modifications to the Windows version
- When images were printed in landscape orientation with some printers, a portion of the images was not printed. This issue has been resolved.
- With some printers, when Printer… was selected from the Page Setup dialog and the OK button clicked, the values indicated for margins sometimes changed. This issue has been resolved.
- When arbitrary values were entered for margins in the Page Setup dialog and borderless printing was then selected in the Source, the margin values did not change to “0”. This issue has been resolved.
- When Select Picture Size was selected in the Page layout dialog, image frame(s) in the preview window switched to portrait orientation. This issue has been resolved.
- When the insufficient memory message was displayed while running a batch process with multiple images open, image thumbnails sometimes became completely black. This issue has been resolved.
- When the Notify when completed box in the Processing Queue dialog was checked and the Processing Queue dialog closed while running a batch process, the Batch process has finished now message was displayed several times. This issue has been resolved.
- An issue that caused computers running Windows 7 to enter sleep mode during batch processing has been resolved.
- When multiple images open in the image window were adjusted using options in the Camera & Lens Corrections palette of the Edit List, an error message was displayed. This issue has been resolved.
- When Original was selected from the Version menu in the Edit List after editing or saving an image, the processing indicator rotated continuously and the original image was not displayed. This issue has been resolved.
- An error message was sometimes displayed when attempting to use the Selection Brush with some images. This issue has been resolved.
- When NRW images captured with the COOLPIX P7000 and a Nikon Speedlight were opened, Capture NX 2 froze. This issue has been resolved.
Additional modifications to the Macintosh version
- When NRW images captured with the COOLPIX P7000 and a Nikon Speedlight were opened, Capture NX 2 quit unexpectedly. This issue has been resolved.